Monday, January 8, 2018

Velvet & Lace Vintage Scarf Pin

A while back, right before the holidays at work, someone mentioned scarf pins. It was an offhand comment like hey Mitra, you should make some. So, I guess I'm here to confess I'm not even sure if they are really a thing since I googled and didn't find too many.





































To be honest, I probably would have skipped the whole thing if I hadn't found a fun piece to play with at the second hand store I frequent. It was fancy and looked fun. I wiggled the pin on the back of it until it broke off and then got crazy with a dyed vintage lace doily, velvet flowers, a little copper piece and some hot glue.





































The back was pretty simple. This is just a little clip so really this piece could be added as bling to just about anything. Maybe a hat? Anyhow, it's heading off to hang on some one's desk and they can figure out what to do with it. ;-)





































It's certainly scarf weather around here, so maybe it will be used on one soon!

Happy Monday!


1 comment:

  1. Ok... so now I wish I worked with you too....lol! Gorgeous... and it's a thing... I mean, you made one... it's a thing!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!